All-Stars is a chance for Little League players to compete in a national tournament that starts at the district level. Coal Creek Little League is part of Colorado District 2. Try-outs will be done for All-Star teams at the end of or just after the regular season ends. Teams are selected by coaches after tryouts are complete. Teams will be formed to be as competitive as possible based on the eligible and available pool of players. Teams may not selected prior to June 1st. Typically teams will be announced in the 2nd week of June and start practice around mid-June. The start of the tournament is typically just after July 4th.
If your player makes an All Star team they will be practicing most days of the week, including Saturdays up to the start of the district tournament. The District All Star tournament is a double elimination tournament. If teams win Districts they advance to the State tournament typically held in the 3rd week of July. For Majors, Intermediate and Juniors teams, teams that win state, advance to regionals in Texas. The team that wins regionals advances to the Little League World Series in August which is broadcast annually on ESPN!
To be eligible for All-Stars, a player must have played in the Coal Creek Little League regular season in at least 60% of their teams games. There is $125 cost to players to participate in All-Stars. Each player will receive a hat and a commemorative t-shirt to wear under their uniform that they can keep. Scholarships are available for qualifying individuals.
Little League has a wealth of information available on the All-Star tournament on their Tournament Resources page.
to be added to the try-out roster and receive additional notifications.
Teams and Eligibility
The following teams may be formed by Coal Creek Little League, depending on player and coach eligibility, availability, and talent. Eligibility requirements vary slightly for each team, though all players will need to provide proof of residency and birth certificates to the district for verification. All ages before are in terms of league age.
Juniors All-Star Team
- Players must be 12 - 14 years old and have played in Juniors in 60% of their team's games
- Only a single team is allowed
- Intermediate All-Star Team
- Players must be 11 - 13 years old have played in Intermediate in 60% of their team's games
- Only a single team is allowed
- Majors All-Star Team
- Players must be 10-12 years old and have played in Majors or Intermediates in 60% of their team's games
- Only a single team is allowed
- 9-11 All-Star Team
- Players must be 9 - 11 years old have played in Minors or Majors in 60% of their team's games
- Minors (8-10) All-Star Team
- Players must be 8 - 10 years old and have played in Minors or Majors in 60% of their team's games
- Players that are 8 in Rookies are now eligible
Only one Juniors, Intermediate, and Major's team can be formed by CCLL and entered into the District2 tournament. One or more 9-11 and Minors(8-10) teams can be formed by the league. If a team cannot be formed with sufficient talent to compete in the tournament from the eligible and available pool of players, a team will not be formed.
Team size is typically targeted at 12 players, but teams of 11 to 14 may be formed. A team of 11 requires a district waiver. Little League allows up to 14 players on a team though playing time is difficult to manage at that number. The minimum playing time changes at 13 players to 1 at-bat. With 12 or less players, the minimum playing time is 1 at-bat and 6 consecutive outs.
The 9-11 All-Star team is unique in that it can be formed from players from either Minors or Majors divisions. Parents of eligible players in this age group will be allowed to register for both options if they so chose. Specifically, consider the following options:
- An 11 year old may elect to try out for only the Majors team or only the 9-11 team by registering for the preferred program, or to be considered for both teams by registering for both programs.
- A 10 year old can likewise chose to register for only the Minors team or only the 9-11 team by registering for the preferred program, or to be considered for both teams by registering for both programs.
- Note that the pool of teams are large in both Minors(8-10) and Majors D2 tournaments so typically the priority is try to field these teams first, though the priority varies year to year based on coach, player, and parent interests.
- In the case a player is registered for both teams and the league has enough players and coaches to form both teams, a player selection order will be determined after the draft. One such method would be to alternate selections between players interested and eligible for both teams. CCLL reserves the right to determine this player selection process to maximize competitiveness or participation on a year to year basis.
All-Star team tryout registration will start in May. Registration will determine the pool of available players for each team. To register for an All-Star team go to Registration. Teams will be announced through the registration program. Players are typically not informed until the 2nd week of June.
If you have any questions, email
for more information.
The number of teams in each division tournament will vary from year to year. Typically the most teams are in the Minors(8-10) tournament as each of the 9 leagues in district 2 can have two team entries. The next most popular tournament is the Majors(10-12) tournament where typically 6 or more teams from the district enter.
Games can be any day of the week, though typically occur Monday - Saturday, starting at 5 PM or later on weeknights. Each division tournament will be hosted by a league and all games will be played on fields within that league. It's also possible to play every day of the week. It's typical to play only a single game on a given day.
|All-Star Information Session / Q & A
||Late May or Early June
||By the 2nd week of June, depending on try-out dates
|All-Star Coaches Meeting
||First week of June
||Second week of June
|Residency Documentation Due
||Third week of June
||TBD. Expect July 5th or 6th depending on division
Try Out Dates
If you cannot make the assigned try-out date, a makeup date will be provided.
All league coaches are welcome to come and participate in evaluation.
If selected to a team, you will need to promptly provide the following. If you are a return all-star from last season, you need to only provide the Medical Release Form.
- Medical Release Form
- Player Verification Form
- Provide either one or the other
- School Enrollment Form (preferred)
- Must show enrollment before 10/1/2022
- 3 Proof of Residence Forms
- Look at the Player Verification Form as there is one needed for each group
- Needs to be dated from 2/1/2021 to 1/31/2022 with your address and parent’s name as it appears on the birth certificate.
- The easiest three are probably driver's license, mortgage/rent statement, internet/cable/phone bill
If you have any questions, please email